The MSU Income Tax Seminars are for people who prepare income tax returns for others. Look at the topics to get a good idea of the subject matter. Our federal book is developed each year in cooperation with universities in 25 other states. These sessions are taught at the intermediate level with instructors at locations around Michigan.
Many Farm Tax Practitioners have attended separate MSU Farm Tax Seminars. Follow the links with the map below for their contact information.
Two day workshops will be planned in September or October 2014 in a couple locations. Dates will be posted by early summer.
Fall and January Seminars
Dates and locations for the two-day sessions in fall 2014 are posted. Other dates will be posted as they become available.
Farm Income Tax Seminars
Some dates are posted. Registration should be available in late August.
- Lower costs for fall registration if we receive your registration in our office at least 14 calendar days before the start of your class (see registration form for details).
- Two day workshop instruction begins at 8:25 a.m. on both days; you may pick up materials at 7:45 a.m. Note the day of the week your session begins. It might be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- All instructors will teach at every two-day session.
- One-day abbreviated sessions in January for those needing only 8 CPE credits; lunch is on your own. Materials are the same as two-day workshops.
- The Final Changes sessions in January (different sessions than the one-day abbreviated sessions) will concentrate on changes since the fall schools.
CPE designates earned Certified Professional Education credits.
Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics, Michigan State University
In cooperation with:
Michigan Department of Treasury and
Stakeholder Liasion Office, Internal Revenue Service