2017 Income Tax Seminars
The 2017 schedules are posted as available.
The MSU Income Tax Seminars are for people who prepare income tax returns for others. Look at the topics to get a good idea of the subject matter for our two-day Federal Tax Update and Law with two hours of ethics. Our federal book is developed each year in cooperation with universities in 25 other states. These sessions are taught at the intermediate level with instructors at locations around Michigan.
Many Farm Tax Practitioners have attended separate MSU Farm Tax Seminars which emphasize taxes that affect farmers and farm businesses. Other specialized seminars may be helpful to you. See short descriptions below.
S Corporation Seminar
Will not be taught this year.
Details for the partnership seminar will be under the Fall tab.
Fall and January Seminars
Dates and locations for any of the twenty, 2-day sessions are available for fall 2017 (Federal Tax Update and Law plus Ethics). Later sessions tend to have more people so consider an earlier session, if appropriate. Two, 1-day (Federal Tax Update and Law) seminars will be available In January 2018. One in Lansing and the other in Sterling Heights.
Farm Income Tax Seminars
Registration will be available in July for any one of the seven locations. Dates are posted.
Basic Income Tax Seminar
One class in January in Lansing.
Annual Federal Tax Refresher
Two locations in December. One in the Detroit area and the other in Lansing. Find the description under the Fall Tab.
Follow the links with the map below for contact information for tax practitioners that have attended our farm seminars.
Two-day seminars are under FALL. One-day are under JANUARY.
S-Corporation and Partnership seminars are under FALL.
- Lower costs for fall registration if we receive your registration in our office at least 14 calendar days before the start of your class (see registration form for details).
- Two day workshop instruction begins at 8:25 a.m. on both days; you may pick up materials at 7:45 a.m. Note the day of the week your session begins. It might be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- All instructors will teach at every two-day session.
- One-day abbreviated sessions in January for those needing only 8 CE credits; lunch is included. Materials are the same as two-day workshops.
- The Final Changes sessions in January (different sessions than the one-day abbreviated sessions) will concentrate on changes since the fall schools.
CPE designates earned Certified Professional Education credits.
Department of Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics, Michigan State University
In cooperation with:
Michigan Department of Treasury and
Stakeholder Liasion Office, Internal Revenue Service